Manager-SEA, Commercial Freight & Project Cargo
The position will be hunting for new freight and project cargo business focusing on SEA import/export. Candidate needs to cut across to all SEA regions, must have regional exposure and understand the industry, culture and country.
- Hunting for new freight and project cargo business focusing on SEA import/export to the world;
- Build new client base and nurture existing ones through meaningful interaction;
- Increase Access World visibility and foothold in relevant markets including mining, metals and mineral, agricultural, oil & gas markets;
- Leverage from own network in SEA and further establish relationships with various partners not limited to associations, breakbulk vessel brokers/operators, Tier 1 and Tier 2 carrier agents and freight forwarders in key countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam;
- Address internal and external operational issues, liaising and coordinating with vendors (ports operators, authorities, transporters etc.) and internal clients;
- Communicate, share and collaborate with all overseas Access World branches on Freight & Project leads to and from SEA;
- Monthly commercial activity reporting in form of current sales pipeline.
- Minimum a Degree from a recognized University;
- Candidate with minimum 5 years sales experience with proven achievement in bringing in new sales may apply;
- Result oriented with strong ability to prioritize tasks in order to achieve sales target assigned;
- Resourceful with excellent commercial and entrepreneurial flair are critical to the success of this role;
- An accomplished self-starter who is able to hands-on/lead the whole cycle of commercial process from acquisition to fulfillment;
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure and fast paced working environment;
- Ability to travel regularly locally and regionally when required (20%);
- Flexible in working with partners from different time zone when required;
- Good influencing skills with a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork;
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skill;
- Experience in any of project cargo/mining/oil & gas/agricultural industries is preferred.
- Tenure: Full Time, Permanent
- Offered Salary: RM7K– 9K, Petrol card, Phone bill claim, Touch & Go card, Carpark card
- Experience: Freight forwarding background where a lot of project work, has stints in local freight forwarding company and subsequently go into MNC in specialist role / sales
- Qualification: At least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, In any field